We at Yorkshire Rose Dyslexia joined with West Yorkshire Patoss to bring the first Leeds Dyslexia Festival to our area.
With the generous sponsorship of our exhibitors we were able to provide the event free to Parents, Educators and Children, this resulted in over 1000 people attending thoughout the day.
The events of the day included Lectures, Workshops and 38 Exhibitor stands
Here are some comments from attendees
- A fantastic day- well organised, just the right size to see the exhibitors and chose to listen to speakers as well. Venue was great- easy parking.Informative.
- Proud that this was held in Leeds as most events like this are in the south. Positive outcomes, networking opportunities and meeting of minds especially considering the current educational climate and how dyslexia is perceived by others.
- Extremely useful. If more workshops available for handwriting and maths would have given a 10! Like the fact most stalls weren’t about hard selling and got lots of info, help and support. Also could benefit my children without dyslexia too- handwriting, mind maps etc
- It had a great mix of everything I wanted – a great range of seminars and workshops, plus exhibitors and the event was very flexible which allowed me to pick and choose what was right for me.Really well run event with great informative speakers, and lots of knowledge all in the same space. It’s difficult to get access to this otherwise.
- It’s just so useful, I felt a bit overwhelmed and at a loss of what to do to help my child but I now feel much better equipped.
- Didn’t know where to start researching. This was a perfect launch point for our family.
- Loved the different options and delivery styles. Great to pop into and out of a variety of different talks and workshops.
- Marketplace was fab. Just wish I’d had more time to listen to more. Venue choice fab, accessible and lots of free nearby parking!
- An amazing, motivational event!
- Friendly, accessible, great venue and useful.